Maybe you never paid attention to the beautiful things you do with your hands until the symptoms of arthritis start to affect them. Then all of a sudden, you discover that even the smallest tasks now become difficult or impossible to do—things you are enjoy doing come to an abrupt stop. Arthritis of the hand limits the freedom of movement of those who have it. Our hand selected hand exercises for tendonitis for at home are easy to do and will not take long.
Arthritis is an inflammatory disease that affects many people around the world. It attacks the joints, causing stiffness and pain that is often unbearable. You feel blocked, helpless, and even frustrated because you feel as though you have lost your independence.
Reason for pain in finger joints
However, there is one small difference to point out. Particular forms of arthritis affect the hands in different ways. For example, psoriatic arthritis, a type of arthritis that is related to skin psoriasis, causes pain in the joints closest to the nails. While in osteoarthritis, which is the most common form of arthritis, it is the cartilage that is damaged in the joints of the fingers and thumb.
So when arthritis affects the joints of the hands, it can cause pain and stiffness. This pain can become worse when you use your hand a lot to perform the same repetitive tasks.
As well, some occupations create a breeding ground for the development of this disease. Jobs, where we use our hands too much, are, for example, cooking, surgery, or doing office work on a computer where we are continually sitting in an immobile way and using our hand on a computer mouse or typing on a keyboard. Over time, you may lose the strength in your hands, and gradually you will no longer have the power to carry out the simplest daily tasks, such as picking up your toothbrush.
But there are also everyday gestures that could accelerate the development of this disease, such as typing all day long on your smartphone keyboard. Doing too much manual activity regularly could be one of the causes of arthritis.
So here we are faced with accomplished facts! Although you know that physical activity has many benefits, you don’t always dare to get involved in what you consider to be complicated. You are afraid of jumping hoops into unknown terrain because you might thing to make the situation worse, or perhaps because you don’t know what kind of sports activities to are safe for you. So what can you do? Resign yourself, surrender and accept your fate? Cross your hands to pray and try nothing?
Nothing! In life, you have to learn not to be defeated, because there are always solutions, sometimes too simple to be true like the easy to do hand exercises for tendonitis. I will teach you some natural treatments that can be done while you are at home. Various easy exercises that will help keep joints supple, improve range of motion, and soothe arthritic pain. In addition, these exercises will help strengthen the muscles that support the joints of the hand. It will also help you perform hand movements with less discomfort. Ultimately, hand exercises for tendonitis can increase the secretion of synovial fluid, which can also strengthen joint function.
Also Interesting: Hiking the new Insider Fitness Secret
How do you do it? You will see that the movements you are going to perform are hardly tricky and do not require you to be a great athlete.
Exercise 1: Stretching the wrist
You should not neglect your wrists, as it too can become painful and stiff due to arthritis. To relieve the pain of arthritis, you can also use the hand exercises for tendonitis to relieve joint pain in your hand and to stop the stiffness in your fingers. Here’s how to do this for each hand:
- Keep your forearm straight with your palm down.
- With your left hand, gently press down on your right hand until you feel a stretch in your wrist and arm.
- Hold this position for a few seconds.
Repeat this a dozen times. Then do the same thing with your left hand.
Exercise 2: Thumb stretches for tendonitis
- First of all, hold your left hand taut with all your fingers straight.
- Bend your thumb inward against the palm of your hand.
- Perform a stretch, trying to touch your little finger with your thumb. If you can’t reach your little finger, don’t despair, the beginning is always difficult. Try to stretch your thumb as far as possible.
- Hold this position for a second or two and then bring your thumb back to the initial position.
Repeat this hand exercises for tendonitis 12 times. Then switch to the right hand.
Exercise 3: Manual Soft Ball Therapy
To combat stiffening of the fingers and to maintain flexibility, daily muscle strengthening and flexibility exercises are essential. All the work is done to improve grip strength. To do this, you can practice kneading a foam ball to make your fingers stiff free. This is an exercise that is best done in the morning when you get up.
Exercise 4: Putty for hand therapy
It’s a rather fun hand exercises for tendonitis and will certainly bring back old memories! Putty can be an effective means of occupational therapy that will allow you to reinvigorate your fingers and hands and increase grip strength. Of course, you must choose a therapy putty that is simple, non-toxic, fragrance-free, and easy to use.
The instructions for use are simple. You will be able to perform a series of gestures, and you will obtain better results if you repeat them about ten times a day. Now, let’s get to the exercise.
- Form a ball with the putty and squeeze it between your fingers.
- Take your ball-formed putty and knead it with your thumb and fingertips.
- Take your putty, stretch it out and wrap it around two fingers to create a doughnut shape. Then spread your fingers apart.
- Take your putty and stretch it out. Now, bend one of your fingers to make a hook and wrap the putty around the back of your finger. In this step, straighten your finger using the putty as a resistance.
- Put a ring of putty tightly around two fingers and spread your fingers apart.
Repeat for each finger multiply times
Exercise 5: Opening and closing the fingers
A must Read: The Ultimate Health Miracle: Avocado Seed Tea
It is an hand exercises for tendonitis to be done at least three times a day, which will help you to relieve the pain of arthritis.
- Start with your left hand and make your fingers stiff.
- Bend all your fingers inward until they touch. Your fingers should be in the shape of an “O”.
- Hold this position for a few seconds and then stretch your fingers out.
Repeat this exercise several times a day. You can do this stretching exercise whenever your hands feel sore or stiff.
Exercise 6: Make a fist
It’s an exercise you can do wherever you are and whenever you have a stiff hand:
- Start by extending your left hand with all your fingers in a stiff position.
- Now, gently close your hand to make a fist, placing your thumb inside. Don’t rush the movements, and don’t squeeze your hand too tightly. Stay like this for 5 seconds.
- Re-open your hand until your fingers are straight and stretched out again.
Repeat the hand exercises for tendonitis 12 times with your left hand. Then repeat with the right hand. This exercise will help keeping your fingers flexible.
Exercise 7: Finger lift
- Place your left hand flat on a table with the facing palm down.
- Raise your thumb slowly, then do the same for all fingers one by one.
- Keep each finger raised for a second or two, then lower it.
- Do the same exercise with each finger of your right hand.
Exercise 8: Bending your fingers
- Adopt the same position as in Exercise 1, but this time, start with your left hand.
- Bend your thumb towards your palm. Hold it this way for a few seconds.
- Gently straighten your fingers as tight as possible without straining your joints.
- Then bend your index finger towards your palm. Hold it this way for a few seconds. Now, relax again and straighten the fingers out.
- Repeat the same exercise with each finger of your left hand. Repeat the same exercise with your right hand.
You should repeat this hand exercises for tendonitis at least four times for each hand.
Exercise 9: Folded fingers on the table
- Place the pinkie finger of your left hand on a table with your thumb pointing upwards.
- Keep your thumb in the same position and bend the other four fingers inward until your hand forms an “L”.
- Hold this position for a few seconds, then straighten all your fingers and return to the starting position.
Repeat this 10 times, then do the same with your right hand.
Relieve hand pain in finger joints with ointments
These different hand exercises for tendonitis are quite comfortable and very practical, as you have surely noticed. Without a doubt, these exercises will be undoubtedly beneficial to relieve joint pain in your hand. They will contribute to change your daily life, to regain the use of your hands and your smile back once again.
But, it is useful to reinforce the exercises in assistance with some natural remedies that will help to relieve arthritis pain, such as Counterpain Plus ointment. The Counterpain Plus is a fairly powerful anti inflammatory balm with proven therapeutic properties.
The premium version of the Counterpain analgesic cream can stop the inflammation caused by osteoarthritis and arthritis. In addition to its antiinflammatory agents, this ointment also has the power to reduce swelling in the affected areas. By applying it where it hurts, you will feel relaxed with a cooling sensation followed by a relaxing warm feeling that will envelop your whole body being. Apply to sore areas as needed.
Supported by the various stretching exercises mentioned above, this ointment will work miracles.